Biomimicry is an emerging approach of sustainability and innovation, and a rapidly increasing number of engineers, designers, material scientists, architects, biologists, urbanists and other professionals? adopt it to create more sustainable artifacts, processes and systems. The Biomimetic Design Lab BiDL of Tongji will be hosting an array of inspiring Biomimicry events October 13-26. It will be the first substantial gathering of biomimics in China for intensive exchange and learning – Do not miss it!
There are a total of?5 Open Events?and you can attend them all. Senior Biomimicry Professional Sherry Ritter from B3.8 (USA) will participate in all of them:
- ?The?Conference Session?“Innovation Inspired by Nature” will have expert practitioners and academics discuss pioneering thoughts of Biomimicry. You can just come and absorb or actively participate in the brainstorming! (small conference fee)
- ?The day-long?Biomimicry Forum?“Biomimicry: The Future of Sustainable Innovation” will feature a fast-paced presentation of the most advanced cases in biomimetic innovation for sustainability (morning) and several exchange, discussion and learning sessions (afternoon), besides two high-profile keynote speeches (USA). No better way for intensive learning – for free! Please note that the date?was changed to October 14!
- ?The?Public Lecture?“Biomimicry – A Career of Sustainability” will feature Biomimicry Professional and BaDT (Biologist at the Design Table) Ms. Sherry Ritter (USA) summarizing and sharing her expertise and experience – for free!
- ?A 2-3 days Field Trip “Nature Learning in TianMuShan” will bring us to a renowned National Nature Reserve for directly applied ‘Learning from Nature’s Genius’ (expenses self-covered). Join this hands-on experience to learn how to introduce biomimicry into your work!
- ?A?Biomimicry Exhibition?“Biomimicry in China” will accompany all these events and be available to be visited at your leisure, to know about the most advanced achievements in biomimetic sustainability – for free!