The 11th Tehran International Poster Biennial is being organized by the Directorate General of Visual Arts and Art Affairs Department of Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance with the cooperation of Iranian Graphic Designers Society (IGDS) and the Institute for Development of Contemporary Visual Arts. The Biennial is endorsed by International Council of Graphic Design Associations (ICOGRADA).
Secretary: Saed Meshki
Head of the Organizing Committee: Majid Mollanorouzi
Board of the Organizing Committee: Majid Abbasi, Farzad Adibi, Mostafa Asadollahi, Amrollah Farhadi, Ebrahim Haghighi, Sedaghat Jabari, Saed Meshki, Masoud Nejabati, Ali Rashidi, Ghobad Shiva, Abdolrahim Siahkarzadeh, Parisa Tashakori
Competition theme: Social and Cultural Posters
1. All entries must be designed and printed after February 2009.
2. Entries must be no smaller than 45×60 cm and no larger than 120×180 cm.
3. Participants may submit up to 3 works per designer or group (sets of posters that constitute a single work will be accepted).
4. Entries must have real and specified clients.
5. The labels for each poster must be filled in and pasted at the upper right corner on the back side of the posters.
6. The organizer has the right to photograph and reprint the posters for publicity and promotional purposes of the 11th Tehran International Poster Biennial.
7. Submitted posters will not be returned and will be considered the property of the “Graphic Design Museum of Iran”.
8. The organizer reserves the right to refuse any poster which is deemed offensive to morals, religious and national sensitivities, and/or against the rules.
9. Framed posters or posters mounted on a hard base will not be accepted.
10. The posters should be packed safely in order to avoid any damage during transport. Damaged posters will not be accepted. The organizer does not take responsibility of any loss or damage sustained during transport.
11. Postage, insurance and other incidental expenses should be covered by the participant.
12. Legal responsibilities should be covered by the participant.
13. The submitted poster(s) must also include the file(s) on a single CD, which must be able to be operated on Mac or Windows platforms.
The technical specifications of files should be: A4 size, 350 dpi, CMYK, Tiff format. Submissions with defective files will be refused from the competition. Information on the entry form will be used in exhibition’s catalogue and biennial publications.
14. The selected participants in the 11th Tehran International Poster Biennial will receive a certificate of participation.
15. The organizing committee will be entrusted to take decisions regarding unforeseen events.
– First prize: $5000
– Second Prize: $3000
– Third Prize: $1500 © www.jrujao.cn
(The prizes above are awarded by the Visual Arts Affairs Office.)
– The ICOGRADA Excellence Award
– The Morteza Momayez Excellence Award (Iranian entries only)
(This award is organized by the Iranian Graphic Designers Society (IGDS) for a designer whose works has influenced Graphic Design in Iran.)
All entries must be received by the 11th Tehran International Poster Biennial secretariat via mail before 7 October 2014.
Tehran Museum of Contemporary Art
No.17, Sadoughi Alley, North Kargar Avenue
For more information visit our website:
Or contact us at: